When it comes to golf, then there are some more turbulent relationships than the one, which is between the Irish Open and Rory McIlroy.
Whereas mutual affection is associated with the emotional success of McIlroy 12 months ago and the hosting the event continually successful by the charity of 28-year-old, Portstewart bore witness to the alternative scene on Friday. 73 of McIlroy and one over par total meant one more missed Irish Open cut and that is extraordinarily in just five years for the fourth times.
Tiger Woods has revealed he has completed treatment with pain medication over the issues.
McIlroy admitted, “I am shrunk more than anything, it is really disappointing. I came into this event to play well. I think now need to do more practice over the weekend to get fit and prepared for the next week and certainly for the Open as well”.
However, he said no matter what the event is going to be a success I just wish if I could have been playing over the weekend”. (more…)
Details of Rory McIlroy’s wedding as well as details of his bachelor party seem to be all over the media.
It was not a surprise as it was announced from before that the wedding would take place in April but now that the time is here, it seems like it would be a grand event indeed. The event is scheduled to take place on Saturday at the Ashford Castle located in Ireland. McIlroy would be getting married to Erica Stoll and the venue is a place where they have already spent two New Year’s Eves previously.
There is a history of five years behind the marriage. Stoll came into McIlroy’s life when she was part of PGA America and around the 2012 Ryder Cup season she even arranged a police escort to get him at the venue on time to get his Sunday singles teed off. McIlroy had been engaged to Caroline Wozniacki, but the relationship ended around May 2014 though wedding invitations had been sent out by then. Stoll and McIlroy got engaged in 2015 in the month of December. Though that might be still a sore point with him, McIlroy is scheduled to have his wedding this weekend and he even had his weekend bachelor party in Miami Beach. (more…)
India’s veteran golf player, Mukesh Kumar just recently blew away his chance to tee up alongside Danny Willett, U.S Masters Champion, Patrick Reed, US Ryder Cup Star and Justin Rose, Olympic Gold medalist.
This was due to the expiration of his passport.
At the weekend’s US$400,000 Panasonic India Open, Mukesh, 51 year old had secured his maiden Asian Tour Victory by one stroke, thus in the process, became the oldest winner in the circuit.
For Mukesh, it has been the biggest win since he began his professional career 32 years ago. It also gave him entry to compete in the US$2mil Hong Kong Open, which is co-sanctioned by the European Tour.
While it will begin on Thursday, Mukesh will be unable to participate in it because he cannot travel.
“I am not able to go because my passport has expired and it will not be renewed in time to get things in order for the Hong Kong event,” said Mukesh.
Top players in the competition at the Hong Kong Golf Club this week includes Willett, Rose, Ian Poulter, alongside Miguel Angel Jimenez of Spain and Australia’s Scott Hend. (more…)
Phil Mickelson, one of the Ryder Cup heroes of the United States, is recovering from a recent surgery.
It was indeed a surprise revelation. Fans are taken aback by this revelation which was made public last week. Phil Mickelson is a highly accomplished player. He won 5 major championships. So it definitely made news when it was revealed that he had underwent sports hernia surgery in October. It happened right after the Safeway Open. Tim Rosaforte of Golf Digest came up with this news.
He talked about the procedure and the hernia. First and foremost, he clarifies that it wasn’t an outie belly button. But of course, it resembled one. The hernia was walnut-sized and it was seen behind his belly button. Was that painful? No, it didn’t cause any discomfort while playing. It wasn’t a big deal for him at all. He was able to push it back every minute or so. (more…)
US Open 2015 has already startled many with its new venue Chambers Bay and there is another great news for the golf fans planning to watch the championship live-the fans would be allowed to carry their mobile phones while watching the golf stars in action at the upcoming June championship.
Such a move makes the US Open this year all the more special as this is something for the first time in the history of golf. The news has been confirmed by a press release from USGA.
“Spectators can carry their mobile handsets smaller to 7” in height or length, including smartphones, cell phones & PDAs”, stated the USGA press release.
“All the devices must have their volume controls set to vibration or silent while on the course.’
The policy, however, excludes computers and tablets.
USGA has come up with 4 specified “phone zones” meant for the event patrons where they would have the on-site Wi-Fi facility & unperturbed phone usage.
USGA’s decision coincides with launch of latest USGA.org which boasts an “enriched fan experience” through the offer of exclusive contents on their phone application & on the usopen.com.
“It is a policy that we have been on the lookout for a while at USGA”, stated USGA PR Director Janeen Driscoll. (more…)